Saturday, February 26, 2011

Singing In Church II

Just got back from Church Band practice. So awesome. I am singing lead with another girl who's way more trained and talented than I am, but I'm hanging in. There's also some other singers, guitar, bass, drums, organ and keys. How awesome is that! Clearly I'm excited. At the end of each practice we pray and I felt truly happy tonight for the first time in a while. That kind of Joy that C.S. Lewis described as a foretaste of things to come.

Last week at church went really well. This week we're off, and it's just the older folks in the choir leading the musical efforts. The choir is really important to our Anglican tradition. There are some older hymns that are absolutely beautiful and scriptural. We've got to keep that tradition up. A Mighty Fortress, and How Great Thou Art...etc.

I'm working facilities tomorrow, which means I'll be there at 8am until about noon. Setting up and breaking down. It will be a long morning but the behind the scenes stuff is important too.

Well, I've got to go pick up my son. My wife had surgery yesterday. She's recuperating at her mother's house this weekend and she wanted to spend a little bit of time with him. I'm feeling much more uplifted than I have been in weeks. Work has been really weighing on my heart. I'm trusting in Jesus, knowing that i'll be taken care of.

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment